Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're getting there!

So here is where I'm at now. I don't like all the white space on the bottom, but my fiance thinks it makes it look more 3D. So, what I'm going to do is finish the whole thing, and then if I still don't like it, I'll erase and add some leaves here and/or there.

I must admit, I'm getting awfully tired of the color scheme. lol. I am dying to work on another portrait, but since the deadline for this guy is less than 10 days away, I can't stop to work on anything else. I am contemplating taking a day off work this week to work on him. I have a dentist appt. on Wednesday, so I'm thinking...maybe I might want to just stay home that day. Go to my appointment at 9am, and come home and spend the day working on this. But I probably won't. I'm one of those...hmmmm....I wouldn't say workaholic, but I'm one of those people who doesn't take time off work unless they need it. But once in a great while, I'll take a day, just one day, to relax by myself....and it is usually only when I have to take time off for something else, like a dr or dentist appt. lol. So we'll see. I always make the decision at the last minute, too.

I'm thinking now that maybe watercolor pencils would have been better for the leaves and sky. I bet that would have made this go so much quicker. Dangit, why didn't I think of that sooner?!

Well I do have another picture of this little squirrel that I can experiment with watercolor pencils on. I do have another exhibition that I want to enter coming up with a May deadline. Maybe I'll try that one out. We'll see.

On the wedding side of things....I bought my dress yesterday! Me and my mom went to Alfred Angelo yesterday. I had already had my dress in mind cause I found it online several weeks ago. So we tried on that one, plus 4 others. I had selected about 8, but we didn't try them all on because I was loving all of them. But I had some in satin and some in lace, and the saleslady told me if I tried on the first one again, it will be a decision maker. So I tried it on again, and I was still in love with it. It was still my first choice, so I decided to go with it. It was absolutely perfect. It made me feel good, gave me the figure I wanted, it was comfortable, I walked in it, sat it in, it didn't bunch or move at all...she didn't even have to pin it or anything. It just was a perfect fit. The only thing it will need is a bustle and a hem. (That's if I don't lose any weight, of course. But if I do, it'll only be about 5 pounds. I don't really want to lose, though, I want to tone). I didn't want to take the dress off! We actually left the store without the dress, planning to buy it online because I had found it on Ebay. But we got out to the car, and were standing in the parking lot talking about it, and figured out that I would only be saving $60 by getting the dress on Ebay...plus it would be a lot riskier. And I had a $75 off coupon that expired right after my appt. So we walked right back into the store, and bought the dress...and the veil and tiara and bra and slip. lol. So that part of my wedding planning is done. I'd love to show you which dress I bought, but since my fiance can't see it, and he WANTS to, I'm not risking putting it up on the blog. lol.

While we were at the bridal shop, we also picked out a possible bridesmaid dress, and a definate flower girl dress. I can't wait to get my flower girls in there to try it on! The dress is beautiful, and it goes really well with the appliques on my dress. PLUS, the saleslady is going to see if she can order the applique on my dress for me, so that I can sew it onto my ringbearer pillow...to tie it in with the design on my dress. So that's cool, cause then my ringbearer will be tied in with the rest of us.

So that's all for now. I will continue to work on Mr. Squirrel and post more later in the week. See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. The squirrel is looking good! Sounds like you have very busy days. Glad the wedding plans are coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun shopping for the bridesmaid and flower girl dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna, Come over to my blog I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete