Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Almost!


So I ended up taking the whole day off today. I went to my dentist appointment this morning, and then came home to catch up on everything. I did 3 loads of laundry....wait, I just remembered there's a load in the washer that needs to go in the dryer, so that's 4 loads. I ran a load of dishes through the dishwasher. I cleaned half the kitchen. (The island is still a mess, but I ran out of time, lol). I cleaned out my garden in the backyard, and started an herb greenhouse kit and a windowsill flower garden. And I worked on the squirrel.

I'm on a new kick all of a sudden. I want to start growing plants. I've always had a black thumb. But I have been keeping a Lucky Bamboo alive for a year and a half, even saved it from dying when one of the stalks turned yellow. (I was so proud of myself! lol) I also have a Seagrape seedling that another co-worker gave me 5 months ago that I have managed to keep alive. I've watched 5 new leaves grow since she gave it to me. So now all of a sudden, I want more! lol. So she is bringing me a Confederate Rose tomorrow which she has rooted from her own plant. Another co-worker is bringing me a Banana Tree "pup"...from his tree. That's what he called it, I don't know if that's the correct name for it. And I am going to try to revive the dying plants in my backyard. They all died back because of the long winter we've had, but I'm pretty sure they'll all come right back. They did last year anyway. The problem is, they were never maintained to begin with, so they're not growing well. But I hope to research them and fix them. I've started a gardening blog, www.gardeningamateur.blogspot.com...I figure it will keep me motivated, the same as this blog keeps me motivated to work on my artwork. Besides, the more pretty flowers I have, the more art references I have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment