Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jelly Beans!


The other day, while getting some things for my friends baby shower at Michael's, I picked myself up a 12 pencil set of Derwent Coloursofts. Today I decided to test them out on my lunch break. I used an image from this month's colored pencil challenge on Wetcanvas, started it on lunch and then finished it at home. I did use 2 Prismacolors in there, because I couldn't get the right shade of puple or pink for those two jelly beans.

I really like the way the coloursofts go down on my sketch book paper. The Prismacolors and the Polychromos don't go on quite as smooth on the paper in the sketchbook. But the Coloursofts just glide right on. I think I need to get myself a larger set.

The jelly beans were a really good subject to try. The shineyness of the beans, and all the different colors in the shadows were a really good challenge. I'm very happy with how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment