Saturday, July 4, 2009

Artsy Patriotic Food

Today I went to a birthday party for my friend's 2 year old daughter. The party was to roll over into a 4th of July party. I asked my friend what dish I should bring, and she asked me to bring pinwheels. I had made the pinwheels a few years ago for a get together, and everybody loved them. So when asked to bring them this time, I thought I'd bring them with a twist.


I had to make my own tortillas to get the red and blue, which made it a little more time consuming, but it was worth it.

When I went shopping for the things I needed to make the pinwheels, I saw watermelon and had to get one. I carve pumpkins every Halloween, and the website that I get my patterns from, (Zombie Pumpkins) also has summertime patterns for watermelons. So I thought I'd carve a patriotic watermelon for my friends party too.


Happy 4th of July, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment