Saturday, February 28, 2009

Self Portrait with Sunglasses

Well I haven't done any work on the squirrel. I have been in the mood to do a portrait, so I thought I'd go ahead and work on my portrait for the Wetcanvas Self Portrait Project. This took me about 3 hours in front of the TV watching Lifetime Movie Network this afternoon. It's Prismacolor colored pencils on Uart 500.

It was a lot of fun to work on the glasses. That was my reason for choosing this picture for my self portrait, I thought the sunglasses would be a good challenge. They really weren't as hard as I thought they would be. But there are a lot of different colors in there than I thought there would be, so I did have a lot of fun with them.

Now that I've put it up on the computer, I can see some areas where I could do some tweeking. But I'll save that for another time. Now that I've gotten the portrait out of my system, it's time to get back to the squirrel! I'll jump on that tomorrow and maybe post it tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the self-portrait. Hope you can get back to the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete