Monday, January 19, 2009

Squirrel Update


I worked a little bit more on the squirrel this weekend. I was hoping to have more done when I posted, but I didn't get a chance to work on it at all today. I started to put in some leaves, and then realized how annoying that was...so then I just started to block in large areas of color. The green areas will be mostly leaves with very little sky showing through. then the white areas will be mostly sky with a few leaves drawn in here or there.

As you can see, I'm all over the place. I get bored working on one area at a time, so I move all over the place putting color wherever I feel like it. There are a couple of artists that I envy, that work one area at a time...and I do plan to try that eventually. I just don't think I'll have the patience to work that way. But I will try it and give it a chance, because you never know until you try.

I'm also having a little trouble with the tree trunk. It's not turning out "bark-like". lol. But it is still in the early stages, so I just need to be patient and keep going. It's kind of in what we like to call the "ugly stage". Most artwork goes through the "ugly stage". Although, there are some artists that I know of, who never see that stage...and I only hope to achieve that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment