Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The First Piece of 2009!

Moving on to New Year Resolution # 2....completing a piece for the CPSA 17th Annual International Exhibition.

A few months ago, I joined the Colored Pencil Society of America. The deadline for their 17th Annual Exhibition is coming up March 31st. I had something in mind to work on for my entry, but I cropped my reference picture for something else, and accidentally saved over the original. Unfortunately, this happened sometime soon after I took the picture, and my back up cd's only have the cropped version of the picture...and the computer that I had back then is long gone....sooooo....I had to choose something else. After spending an entire weekend looking at the pictures on my computer over and over again, I finally decided on one. Sooo....here is what is currently on my easle. It is 16x20", Prismacolor colored pencils on burgandy Fabriano Tiziano pastel paper.


I'm being extremely brave showing this at such an early stage. I'm usually not very confident in the beginning...and like to wait til my work is much further along before I show it to anybody. Hopefully this blog will help me with that. So...fingers crossed that this doesn't turn out to be the first blooper of 2009!





No comments:

Post a Comment