Friday, May 8, 2009

We'll Be Back After These Messages....

I just wanted to check in real quick. It has been over a week since my last entry and I don't like to let the blog go for too long. Unfortunately, I have not done any work in that time, so I have nothing new to show.

But I do have an update. Sadly....I did not get into the CPSA Exhibition. Poor Mr. Squirrel. I guess it just wasn't his time to shine. But we'll try again in the future.

But, I got an email that the Artist's Magazine 26th Annual Art Competition deadline was extended until today. So this morning, I entered these three in the portrait category.





I wasn't going to enter that competition. I figured the Artist's Magazine encompasses ALL mediums, not just colored pencil. So I felt my chances of winning in that competition was less than my chances of going up against just colored pencil works. But...as Lori from the Twin Cedars Drawing Board blog said in yesterday's blog post..."nothing ventured, nothing gained"....so I decided to enter at the last minute.

The above portraits are of my niece, Abby...my nephew, Eathan...and my co-worker's son, Roman. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I hope one or more of your works are accepted. I'm going to try also in a couple of weeks. The only thing I will lose if none of my works are accepted is my entry fee.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I love the portrait with the lollipop!

    ReplyDelete