Thursday, April 16, 2009

WIP -Triple Subject Portrait of my Cousins


And now the fun begins!

This is the second attempt at this drawing. The first attempt was started before I began this blog, and it was done on a navy blue sheet of Fabriano Tiziano. I just didn't like the result I was getting, so I scrapped it. This paper is Uart 400 sanded pastel paper. I transferred my line drawing from the original drawing so that I wouldn't have to redraw the whole thing. But somewhere along the line, something got screwed up, because I can see that I need to move all of his facial features up a little bit. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I learned in the workshop with Nicole Caulfield, that even though I can't erase on the Uart, I can lift the color out with sticky tak. Yeah, the stuff you hang posters with! lol. So I'll lift off most of the color, and then whatever is left should be easy enough to cover with more color. I should have checked my line drawing before starting to add color. Oh well...you live you learn!

Oh, and please excuse the missing eyes. I was waiting on my Aunt to respond with his eye color. But now that I have to move all of his facial features, I'll wait until then to add in his eyes.

More to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment